The kitchen is the heart of your home, so having your kitchen cabinets painted to fit your unique style and the look of your home is important. It’s equally as important, if not more, to ensure that your kitchen cabinets are painted with a type of paint that will withstand the high usage and elements of the kitchen (think grease, sticky hands, etc.) as well as frequent cleaning and wipe-downs.
Not all paint is created equal, and when it comes to painting your kitchen cabinets, you want to make sure to choose the best kitchen cabinet paint that will last for years to come. Depending on the type of material your cabinets are made out of, you may need a specific type of paint. Therefore, it’s a good idea to consult a professional painter or someone with a vast knowledge of kitchen cabinet paint options at your local paint store. Keep reading to learn about the best kitchen cabinet paint options that we recommend!
Best Paint for Kitchen Cabinets
Depending on your budget and the types of paint available in your area, you may consider a few different kitchen cabinet paint options.
When looking for a kitchen cabinet paint, you want to choose one with these features:
- Hard, enamel finish
- Scratch resistant
- High-blocking resistance (ensuring cabinets and drawers won’t stick to the boxing)
- Stain resistant
- Resistant to cleaners
- High burnish resistant
- Excellent flow and leveling (for a smooth finish)
Best Kitchen Cabinet Paint Options
There are a few different types of kitchen cabinet paint options we like to work with and recommend to our clients and readers. We have ranked them on a scale of good, better, and best so that you can choose the right option for your cabinets and your budget.
Just keep in mind that the lower the ranking, the lower the paint performs according to the features we mentioned above.
- Sherwin-Williams ProClassic Waterbased Alykd Interior Enamel Paint
- Benjamin Moore ADVANCE Interior Paint
- Sherwin-Williams Gallery Series Waterborne Topcoat
- Sherwin-Williams Emerald Urethane Trim Enamel Paint
- Benjamin Moore Corotech COMMAND Waterborne Acrylic Urethane Paint
- Centurion Acrylic Waterbased Topcoat 400 Series Paint
- Sherwin-Williams Pro Industrial Pre-Catalyzed Waterbased Urethane Paint
- Sherwin-Williams Pro Industrial Acrolon 100 Paint
- Centurion Polyurethane Topcoat 2800 Series
Now that you know what the best type of paint for kitchen cabinets is, it’s time to decide if you’re going to DIY or hire a pro for your kitchen cabinets. In this blog post, we give an overview of the process as well as some things to consider when making your decision.
If you do choose to DIY your kitchen cabinet painting and want to ensure it looks professional, we’ve got you covered with a step-by-step guide in this blog post!
If you aren’t ready to tackle your kitchen cabinet painting on your own and would prefer to hire a professional to come in with the right products and get the job done right, we’d love to work with you!